Sometime a small daily creative practice is needed. Something to clam the mind. My current favorite is painting a circle a day. It’s simple and yes, rather mindless. This is the book I am using.
To do this daily practice the book is not needed, most any art notebook would do. In fact, the paper in the book is not watercolor paper and isn’t the best for painting. My book is a second hand copy from Thriftbooks.com. It had never been used, although that would have been fun to see what someone else had painted.
I started in March. No January first start for me. I have a basket of supplies, a few brushes, a few different watercolor pallets, and pencil and pen.
I also have a chunk of a crystal rock to help hold the book open. The book has a few prompts you can use for inspiration. Right now I am just painting colors, playing. That’s what I like about this, no pressure, no set guidelines.
If I am busy and miss a day it’s not problem to catch up. Some days I don’t feel like knitting or cross stitching. Painting a circle is easy.



It sounds like fun. I like a no-pressure project. I always enjoyed seeing your doodles too. You make GREAT doodles.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I still doodle and will share those on another post.
Delete